Monday 12 August 2013

NOTD: Coral Glitter Ombré

Hello all!

It's August! It's also the week of finals for the last summer semester of my University. Despite the fact that I have two finals in less than 48 hours, I somehow managed to convince myself to take a "study break. It was a toss up between playing a game of League or painting my nails. I went with the latter. Will I regret this decision later in the wee hours? Possibly.


Love & Beauty's Silver, Essie's Set in Stone, Revlon's Gold Get'em, Love & Beauty's Peach.

Anyways, I've been seeing this popular trend of glitter ombré where the glitter is applied to the bottom of the nail and gradually fades towards the top. I thought I'd give it a try and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome!




I applied Revlon's Gold Get'em ontop of the glitter and it created a sort of frosty effect. It reminds me of mermaid scales! Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for reading! <3

7 comments:

  1. this is a nice color! :) ; been looking for a peachy color but i'm not sure if they have that brand here..lol; haven't really seen it around (i think) ><
    how does the love & beauty apply; how many coats did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Judy! It's Forever 21's brand of polish, I got it online during their sale for 69 cents each! As for the application, I used about 3 coats under a base coat! I didn't have any problems with it at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhh, i've been iffy about buying other polishes at clothing stores but i might give this one a try lol :)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! The peach and silver glitter look lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woww!!! really pretty!!
    my nails are really short and I'm hardly allowed to wear nail polish because I play piano (T_T)
    check out my blog maybe please?
    charrmyn.blogspot.com.au
    xoxo
    charmainee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! forgot to tell you!
    I nominated you for the liebster award!!
    http://charrmyn.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/liebster-award.html

    xoxo
    charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I stumbled upon your blog and read your description, got excited because I thought "yes... here's another person who understands the struggle with uni and life!". But then all your posts are about makeup... HAHAHA :P

    ReplyDelete